Sunday, January 11, 2009

Conference

Well, this was odd.

At the conference this weekend, I tried to connect to an unsecured network at the hotel, and for whatever reason, it wouldn't connect in linux. That's the only time I haven't been able to connect to a wireless network. Odd.

The PIM has been going quite well. I used Evolution, and it synced to my palm, and pulled in all my contacts and dates. It pulls in all my email accounts nicely. The two things that aren't working yet are pulling contacts from the LDAP directory. However, in speaking with the tech staff, I'm not entirely sure that we are still even running an LDAP server. The notes on the d211 website may just be out of date.

I haven't tried to sync to the domino calendar yet. And I'm not super excited about attempting that.

On a surprising other note, evolution can sync to google calendar, so I synced to the calendar for the All-State Theatre Festival for next year. I am also going to sync to my calendar on there where I put all of FHS' important dates. Neat-o!

No comments: